The non-twelve step meeting
- An OPEN twelve-step meeting of your choice in your community (e.g., Alcoholics Anonymous [AA], Narcotics Anonymous [NA], Gamblers Anonymous [GA])
- A self-help recovery group other than a twelve-step group (e.g., Rational Recovery, Smart Recovery, Moderation Management, Women for Sobriety Secular Organizations for Sobriety (S.O.S.), LifeRing Secular Recovery, etc.)
- An Alcoholics Anonymous Family Group (e.g., Al-Anon).
For this Assignment, review this week’s resources, including the “Twelve-Step Groups” document, and research the development of the non-twelve step group you chose to attend. Consider your assumptions prior to and after attending each meeting chosen. Explore insights from attending the meeting and consider how this experience might be helpful as an addiction professional. Support your response with references to the resources and current literature
By Day 7
Submit a 2- to 3-page paper that addresses the following:
- Identify which 3 meetings you attended, and briefly describe the development of the non-twelve step meeting you attended.
- Describe your initial assumptions before attending each meeting.
- Explain any insights you gained from attending each meeting.
- Compare and contrast your experience at the different meetings.
- Explain how this experience might inform your future work as an addiction professional.
you can choose any three groups